SchlenkerDoodle

Friday, February 03, 2006

A little story about a knee


Here is an x-ray of my knee.
Please notice the two metal screws from a previous surgery. What is interesting about these screws is I didn't know about them for the last ten years. Hopefully, I will get the x-ray that shows off my knee cap and then i will share it with you fine people.



Problems:
1. My knee cap didn't form completely when I was born so it is in two pieces.
2. arthritis and bone spurs around deformed knee cap.
3. hole in soft cartlidge around the bone probably caused from injury induced osteo-arthritis

The Plus side:
1. part of the problem is not my fault...mom and hubs can't blame me any more
2. I can play soccer and run in 9 weeks
3. treatment requires 4 shots with long needle but no surgery yet
4. if I start taking old people vitamins I can slow the arthritis down

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home